Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop. This is a circular hop. If you arrived from Lauren’s Blog, you are in the right place. Simply read through this post and click on the link to the next blog at the end of it. Keep reading and ‘hopping’ until you find yourself back where you started from. Each blog will showcase a project featuring the It’s Your Day To Sparkle (S1906) stamp set which is June’s Stamp of the Month.
That cake looks good enough to eat! Colour some or all of it, leave it as a line drawing, heat emboss it – the choice is yours. Take a close look at all the sentiments on this set too – perfect for many celebrations. What will you use it for?
Make a birthday banner
My darling mum turns 90 in a couple of weeks so I decided to make a banner for her room at the Aged Care Residence where she lives. I’ve used the colours from the True Love Collection because I plan to scrapbook photos of the day using it – I may even organise an outfit to match too!
The banner is simple in design.
- Cut 17 3” x 4” pieces of Sugarplum cardstock
- Cut 2 or 3 each of Lace Border Thin Cut. Cut each one in half.
- Cut 13 hearts from Linen cardstock using the largest die in the Basic Hearts Thin Cut set.
- Cut the letters for “Happy Birthday” from Sugarplum glitter paper using Block Alphabet Thin Cuts
- Adhere Lace Borders to 3” sides of cardstock using a glue pen
- Punch holes for ribbon to thread through on each piece of cardstock
- Add hearts and letters to 13 pieces.
Stamp and heat emboss your cakes
- Stamp 4 cakes onto Linen cardstock using Versamark ink
- Sprinkle each image with Gold Tinsel Embossing powder
- Heat set, being sure to warm your heat tool thoroughly before starting and heating from underneath the design so the tinsel doesn’t blow off.
- Colour the flowers and cake plate with ink and a waterbrush using Sugarplum, Mint and Sage inks.
- Fussy cut and mount to banner pieces with Foam Tape.
- Add numbers using foam tape
Order your Stamp of the Month
It’s Your Day To Sparkle (S1906) is only available during June, 2019. Full retail price is $29.50 but you can have this gorgeous set for just $8.25 when accompanied by an $82.50 order. Place your order with your Close To My Heart Consultant.
Did you like this project? I’d love you to leave a comment for me before you click on the underlined link and move on to Doreen’s Blog , to see the lovely project she has designed for you.
A list of the products used for this project follows. All items are available to purchase from your Close To My Heart Consultant. If you don’t have a consultant, this link will take you to my website.
Products used in the Project
S1906 It’s Your Day To Sparkle Stamp Set
Z4060 Lace Border Thin Cut
Z3317 Basic Hearts Thin Cut
X5989 Sugarplum Cardstock
X6021 Sapphire Cardstock
X5986 Mint Cardstock
X5993 Sage Cardstock
X6000 Eggplant Cardstock
X6009 Linen Cardstock
Z891 Versamark Ink
Z4249 Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
Z3225 Medium Round Waterbrush
Z3440 Dual-tip Permanent Glue Pen