I happened to glance down at the Ice Cream cone stamp on my work table one day when the stamp was upside down. All of a sudden all I could see was a clown’s head – the ice-cream had gone!
All my ladies at Saturday’s Paper Picnic loved these cuties so much I thought I’d share the ‘How To’ with all of you.
- Stamp 2 Ice Cream cones in Pixie ink on white daisy cardstock.
- Use watercolour pencils (3505) to colour the hat and the clown’s hair.
- Begin with the nose on the face. Use watercolour pencil to draw a circle and colour it in, leaving a tiny bit of white showing for the ‘shine’
- Next draw the eyes, eyebrows and smile line with black journaling pen
- Colour the lips around the smile line and add some rosy cheeks.
- ‘Smooth’ out the colours with a blending pen (3174).
- Cut out the clowns making sure to snip off the drip which just looks weird when sticking out of a clown’s hair 🙂
- Finally, add a tassel to the hat using a small piece of twine. I stuck mine in place with glue dots. Your clowns are done!
- Use a Cricut Cut overlay as a stencil to sponge the background pattern on the card. I used CTMH Artbooking p62 Overlay Shift 5″
- Add some scrap paper and the ‘Your are my happy’ sentiment and your card is done!
The July SOTM is only available until the end of this month. It retails for $27 or just $5 when accompanied by a $75 order. Click here to begin shopping.